Kolkata/ Dispur: Polling for the primary part of the meeting elections is underway within the states of West Bengal and Assam amid tight safety and strict Covid-19 protocols. Voting within the first part of Meeting elections in West Bengal and Assam has up to now been peaceable, amid minor skirmishes being reported in West Bengal.
Greater than half of the 73 lakh voters within the 30 Meeting constituencies of West Bengal had already forged their vote and sealed the destiny of 191 candidates who’re within the fray on the primary day of the eight-phase elections within the state underway in 5 districts.
The Bharatiya Janata Occasion has claimed that social gathering chief Suvendu Adhikari’s youthful brother was allegedly attacked by the Trinamool Congress (TMC) supporters in East Midnapur district’s Contai city.
Anticipate some Digital Voting Machine (EVM) glitches no main incidents reported so removed from any of the ballot sure Meeting segments of Assam the place voting is being held within the Assamese heartland comprising the south and north banks of the Brahmaputra river.
Meeting Elections 2021: Newest Developments In West Bengal & Assam Part 1 Polling
1. Common voter turnout in West Bengal was registered at 79.79 per cent until 5:30 pm.
2. Common voter turnout was registered at 72.14 per cent in Assam until 5:30.
3. With a view to reinforce transparency and credibility of the election course of, the Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Path (VVPAT) is getting used together with Digital Voting Machines (EVMs) in any respect polling stations.
4. Individuals have been seen standing in lengthy queues on the polling stations proper from 7 a.m. when voting started.
5. A number of voters have been seen with gloves in a single hand to take care of Covid-19 protocol within the wake of the surge in coronavirus instances.
6. All vital amenities and safety preparations have been offered to make sure free and truthful polling throughout this part.
7. Polling is on for 30 meeting seats in West Bengal, which is witnessing a direct confrontation between the ruling TMC and resurgent BJP.
8. TMC eyeing a 3rd time period in workplace in West Bengal beneath Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee’s management.
9. Polling is on in 47 meeting seats in Assam the place the BJP is eyeing yet one more time period in Assam beneath Sarbananda Sonowal’s management.
10. Timings have been prolonged at few polling stations because of the Covid-19 pandemic.