New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi might formally inaugurate the Delhi-Meerut Expressway, which opened to the general public earlier on Thursday within the wake of the issues confronted by the commuters’ courtesy the jam because of the development of the speedy rail venture. There has, nonetheless, been no official date launched but by the federal government or the Prime Minister’s Workplace (PMO) for the inauguration of the Delhi-Meerut Expressway.
Know About The Delhi-Meerut Expressway:
1. As promised by the federal government, this expressway will scale back the journey time between Meerut and Delhi to 45 minutes as an alternative of over two hours taken earlier.
2. There are two toll plazas enroute, one is free now.
3. The primary toll plaza is at Dasna on NH-24. This toll plaza, which is round 25 km from Akshardham, is beneath development now. The commuters’ should not have to pay the fees at this toll plaza as of now because the charges haven’t but been mounted. That is from the place the brand new expressway begins in its elevated kind. The second toll plaza is close to Kashi village, round 30 kilometers from Dasna. The commuters should pay Rs 75 for one facet at this toll plaza.
4. The expressway witnessed good vehicular motion on the primary day as round 50,000 to 60,000 automobiles took the route.
5. Developed at a price of Rs 8,346 crore, the Delhi – Meerut Expressway venture has been constructed in 4 phases:
- Part 1 (Delhi’s Nizamuddin To UP Gate)
- Part 2 (UP Gate to Dasna In Ghaziabad)
- Part 3 (21 Km Stretch From Dasna to Hapur Bypass)
- Part 4 (Dasna to Meerut)
6. If all 4 phases are included then the entire distance is 85 kilometers however this distance shall be round 61 kilometers for a passenger going immediately from Delhi to Meerut.