Nagpur: The Maharashtra authorities on Thursday introduced imposing a weeklong lockdown within the state’s Nagpur district from 15 to 21 March owing to the spike in novel coronavirus circumstances.
“Full lockdown to stay imposed in Nagpur Metropolis Police Commissionerate space from March 15 to March 21,” Nagpur Guardian Minister Nitin Raut stated, including that the important providers will proceed within the district.
Solely important providers shall be allowed through the lockdown, in accordance with the order issued by the Nagpur district administration.
The Maharashtra authorities had on Wednesday imposed evening curfew in two districts – Kalyan Dombivli and Nandurbar, whereas Dhule district administration referred to as for a four-day janata curfew’ which comes into impact from March 10 amid a surge within the coronavirus circumstances.
The govt. additionally stated that each one the outlets should stay shut both on Saturday or Sunday on an alternate foundation. Restrictions had been additionally imposed for important outlets which shall be required to close down at 9pm nevertheless, no curbs had been imposed on resorts and eating places. They’ll proceed to remain open and ship until 11 am though meals stalls had been requested to close by 7 am in view of overcrowding which might threat the probabilities of unfold.
Amid the surge in circumstances, numerous cities in Maharashtra have been witnessing restrictions.
- March 15 onwards, faculties in Thane for courses 5-8 will stay shut until additional discover within the rural areas. It additionally introduced a lockdown between March 13 and 31 in 11 hotspots of town.
- The Aurangabad district on Sunday had ordered evening restrictions from 9 pm to six am from 11 March to 4 April after the state witnessed a sudden spike.
- A Janata curfew has been imposed in Jalgaon for 3 days. An order on this regard was issued by the District Justice of the Peace, which says that Janata’s curfew shall be noticed on March 12, 13, and 14. Throughout the Janata curfew, solely important providers shall be allowed.
- The district administration in Nashik imposed a weekend lockdown together with a number of restrictions.
- The administration stated no weddings shall be allowed from March 15. Marriage features that had received permission earlier shall be allowed to happen until March 15 after which no new nod could be given. Faculties, schools, teaching courses will stay closed in Nashik metropolis. Locations of worship can stay open until 7pm.
This comes as Maharashtra on Wednesday recorded 13,659 new Covid-19 circumstances, the very best one-day spike this 12 months, which took the state’s caseload to 22,52,057.
Mumbai metropolis reported 1,539 circumstances, Pune metropolis 1,384, Nagpur metropolis 1,513, Nashik metropolis 750, Yavatmal district 403, Aurangabad 560 and Pimpri Chinchwad 590.