Indian Railways on Thursday launched the revamped and upgraded interface of IRCTC, the e-ticketing website and the mobile application. Union Minister for Railways and Commerce, Piyush Goyal, launched the upgraded version of the e-ticketing platform.
“The railways are committed to serving the nation, and constantly working to augment its services to further improve the rail travel experience. This upgraded e-ticketing platform for booking of online railway tickets, will enhance passenger convenience,” Goyal said in a statement. As per the Railways Ministry, the upgraded and enhanced e-ticketing website and the mobile app will provide best in class user experience as next to any other travelling and booking app.
As per the information available, IRCTC has more than six crore active users, and on an average, more than eight lakh tickets are booked daily. More than 83 per cent of the total reservations are done through the online e-ticketing platform.
— Ministry of Railways (@RailMinIndia) December 31, 2020
Simpler checking of refund status, easier train search and selection process, increased cyber-security, among others are the new touches given to the IRCTC.
Here Is The List The List Of Some Upgraded News Features:
- The new features involve personalization linked to user login, which will allow the user to book meals, rooms and hotels directly along with the tickets, providing a one-stop solution for the needs of the traveler.
- Artificial Intelligence will be used to reduce the hassle in searching for tickets and also save time in the booking.
- Options of ‘Regular’ or ‘Favorite’ journeys for the users, so that the tickets can be booked easily by automatically entering relevant details.
- All information on one page – Availability for all classes are displayed along with respective fares for all trains. Simply scroll the page and choose to ‘Book’ the desired train and class.
- In order to avoid delays in loading availabilities, a “Cache System” has been introduced.
- Confirmation probability will be displayed automatically for waitlisted tickets.
- Availability for other dates can be toggled on the page itself.
- The website has in-built features for enhancing cybersecurity by using appropriate captchas.