The BCCI on Wednesday confirmed that the public sale for the upcoming season of IPL would happen on February 18 in Chennai. The IPL is again house for its 14th season after internet hosting a season exterior India within the UAE amid the pandemic.
Followers are excited for the event to be again with a bang. Like yearly, groups launched and retained some gamers. However the thrilling half yearly is the public sale that precedes the event. A whole lot of gamers are within the fray however solely a handful are chosen by the eight groups. Numerous planning and technique goes into the preparation of the public sale. Groups determine their targets and battle it out in an open public sale. A one-of-its variety occasion!
This yr groups launched some gamers. Steven Simth and Glenn Maxwell’s launch comes as a shock to many. Defending Champions and maybe essentially the most balanced facet within the IPL, Mumbai Indians and RCB have an choice to purchase 4 overseas gamers. This yr’s public sale is anticipated to be a small one with simply someday allotted for the occasion.
Let’s check out the variety of gamers retained by both sides and the purse emaining with every one in every of them:
- Chennai Tremendous Kings: 18 gamers retained; Purse Remaining – 22.9 Cr
- Kings XI Punjab: 16 gamers retained; Purse Remaining – 53.2 Cr
- Delhi Capitals: 17 gamers retained; Purse Remaining – 12.8 Cr
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 17 gamers retained; Purse Remaining – 10.85 Cr
- Mumbai Indians: 18 gamers retained; Purse Remaining – 15.35 Cr
- Rajasthan Royals: 16 gamers retained; Purse Remaining – 34.85 Cr
- Royal Challengers Bangalore: 14 gamers retained; Purse Remaining – 35.7 Cr
- Solar Risers Hyderabad: 22 gamers retained; Purse Remaining – 10.75 Cr
One other promising season of T20 cricket awaits us. IPL 2021 begins from 25 March 2021.