New Delhi: The commencement dates for CBSE Board Exam 2021 were announced by Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank on Thursday. Here are the important points to note about the Class 10 and Class 12 exams beginning on May 4, 2021. ALSO READ | CBSE 2021 Exam Dates Announced: Class 10, 12 Exams To Begin On May 4; Results By July 15
The students were anxiously awaiting updates on CBSE Board examinations 2021 and have finally got to know about the important dates today. Take a look at 5 important updates and details as announced by Education Ministry:
1. Important Dates: The Class 10 and 12 exams will begin from May 4, 2021, and they are scheduled to be concluded by June 10, 2021. Schools have been allowed to conduct practicals for both classes from March 1, 2021, till the last date to conduct theory exams. The results are tentatively planned to be announced by July 15, 2021.
2. Date Sheet: As per the notice released by CBSE on Thursday, the date sheet for both class 10 and 12 is going to be issued very soon.
3. Physical Exams: The exams will not be conducted in online mode due to the logistics and basic requirements involved.
There will be physical exams as “we need a laptop and stable internet and electricity for each student which is a challenge. A percentage of students do not have equal access to education. While we have used unique methods to teach students but having such methods for exams might not be fair,” Pokhriyal had said in an earlier announcement.
4. Reduced Syllabus: The CBSE board exams 2021 will be conducted on a subsidised syllabus as 30 percent of the total syllabus was reduced for Class 10 and Class 12 exams. The revised syllabus is available on the official website.
5. Internal Choices & Sample Papers: As informed previously, there will be 33 percent internal choices in the exam thus giving students a better opportunity to score marks. Overall the marks are going to be given on an 80:20 basis, as usual, that is theory papers will carry 80 marks and internal assessment will be of 20 marks.
To know more about the exam pattern and marking scheme, students are advised to assess the sample papers released on CBSE’s official website. Click on this hyperlink to get Class 10 and Class 12 sample papers.
Education Loan Information:
Calculate Education Loan EMI